Last Updated: 21 December 2023
When we use the term “Personal Data” or “Personal Information”, we refer to personal data as defined in article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC) (“GDPR”).
2. Processing of Personal Data
2.1. We collect and process the following types of information from and about you which may include Personal Data. These include information:
- Email address
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Physical characteristics or description
- Telephone number
- Records of subscription purchased, obtained, or considered
- Browsing history, search history, information on consumer’s interaction with the Website
- Information reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Biometric data through facial recognition technology that is collected and processed with your prior consent prior to video calls.
2.2. We collect your Personal Data in different ways:
- Directly from you: For example, by asking you to provide it to us (for example by filling out forms on our Website (e.g., registration, subscription, “contact us” forms etc.), subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, use live chat, open a support ticket or enter information on our Website).
- Indirectly from you: For example, through automatic data technologies or tools (e.g., Cookies (as defined below) and other tracking technologies, including but not limited to Google Analytics), which collect certain information about your IP address, Website usage, and browser setting. For more information about the automatic tools (Cookies and scripts) we use, please see below Section about “Cookies” under Section 4.
Before each video call, DataSnipper will inform you again that biometric data is collected and will give you an opportunity to consent or opt out of the recording.
- From third parties: For example, through advertising networks, from service providers, data analytics providers, social media, etc.
2.4. With respect to aggregated and de-identified information we collect, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except to determine whether our deidentification processes satisfy the requirements pursuant to applicable law.
3. Purposes of Personal Data collection
3.1. Personal Data is collected and processed by DataSnipper for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason(s) you provided the Personal Data. For example, if you disclose Personal Data to ask a question about our products or services, we will use such Personal Data to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Data to purchase a product or service, we will use such Personal Data to process and fulfill your orders and transactions, verify your information, or process payment.
- To present our Website and its contents to you, maintain or service your accounts (e.g., we will contact you via the email address you provided to us if your password or your email address in our records has been changed), and provide customer service (including providing you with support, investigating and addressing your concerns, and monitoring and improving our responses);
- To provide, support, and develop our Website, products, and services;
- To personalize your Website experience and delivering to you content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites (e.g., social media platforms, such as Meta and LinkedIn), and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by applicable law), including remarketing (targeting individuals who have already interacted with our Website), targeted advertising, and profiling;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To conduct audits related to counting ad impressions, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- To help ensure the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products, databases, other technology assets, and business;
- To identify and repair errors that compromise any functions of our Website;
- For short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. During these processes, your information might be one of the assets that gets transferred;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To train our employees, such as our sales team;
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Data;
- For purposes you consented to, including but not limited to the use of biometric data described under Section 2.1.
4. Disclosure/Sale/Sharing of your Personal Data
4.1. DataSnipper discloses your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- Service providers: We may disclose your Personal Data with service providers that enable your use of the Website and the fulfillment of the obligations of our contract, such as the following:
- Stripe: Stripe is a payment processor. You provide Personal Data directly to Stripe when you purchase our product or services. We do not have access to credit card information or other Personal Data you provide to Stripe.
- Gong: Gong is a revenue intelligence platform that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help us gain insights into our sales efforts based on recordings of our sales calls with individuals who have consented to participate in the calls.
- Meta: Meta provides an advertising service. We are providing Meta with Personal Data to help us target a certain audience. For more information, please refer to Section 0 below.
- We have entered into and maintain agreements (e.g., data processing agreements) with our service providers to whom we disclose Personal Data and who process Personal Data on our behalf.
- Other companies in the DataSnipper group: We may disclose your Personal Data to companies within the DataSnipper group to the extent necessary for us to fulfill the purposes mentioned under Section 3;
- Counterparties in a corporate transaction: We may disclose your Personal Data to a potential buyer during negotiation of, in connection with, a corporate transaction where your Personal Data is included as an asset (e.g., a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or asset sale). Your Personal Data may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership;
- Government authorities, law enforcement representatives: We may disclose your Personal Data with third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement representatives to comply with court orders, enforcement actions, and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
Cross-context Behavioral/Targeted/Interest-based Advertising. Cross-context behavioral advertising means sending you targeted advertising based on information (which may include Personal Data) obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, applications, or services with which you intentionally interacted. We may use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertising based on your Personal Data as well as aggregated and de-identified data collected when you visited our Website (e.g., browsing history). We may disclose to, or permit, such third-party advertising companies to collect information about your use of our Website to enable them to display advertising on our behalf.
Profiling; Advertising based on Lookalike Audiences. From time to time, we provide third-party companies (e.g., Meta) with your Personal Data and certain aggregated and de-identified data to request from such companies the creation of lookalike audiences (i.e., customers likely to be interested in our offerings because they share characteristics similar to our existing customers). This enables us to target our advertising efforts to the members of the lookalike audience.
Google Analytics and Google Ads. We use a tool called “Google Analytics” - a web analytics service provided by Google to monitor the performance of our Website and collect information on your use of our Website. You can learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US; and how to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by following the instructions found here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, please visit here.
Essential Cookies. We use certain Cookies that are necessary to run the Website. Deactivating these Cookies will compromise the functionality of the Website. Such essential Cookies cannot be deactivated. If you do not agree with our use of such essential Cookies, your only choice is not to visit the Website.
Below is a list of the Cookies we currently use on the Website:
|after 730 days
|after 730 days
|after 182 days
|after 3650 days
|after 3650 days
|after 730 days
|after 7 days
|after 180 days
|after 400 days
|after 400 days
|after 400 days
|expires after 90 days
|after 1 day
|after 365 days
|after 90 days
|after 180 days
|after 1 day
|after 180 days
|after 14 days
DataSnipper maintains administrative, technical, and physical controls which are designed to protect your Personal Data against loss or theft, and against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure, copying, misuse, or modification. We implement security measures where appropriate and applicable, such as, but not limited to:
- Pseudonymization and encryption of Personal Data while in transfer;
- Measures to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Measures to restore the availability of and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and
- A process for regularly testing, assessing, and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures to ensure security of processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data while in transit to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depend on your efforts (e.g., securing your password, transmitting your Personal Data over a secure network, etc.).
6. Retention Policy (our “Retention Policy”)
Personal Data are retained for various lengths of time depending on what is reasonably necessary for us to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Applicable laws, rules, or regulations may require that we retain it for a longer period of time.
How long we keep Personal Data depends on how you used the Website and whether we have provided you with any kind of product or services. We determine the retention period based on the following criteria: the nature of the Personal Data; the context in which the Personal Data have been collected; the consequences to you of deleting the Personal Data, and whether appropriate protections, such as pseudonymization, have been applied to the Personal Data.
7. Data Privacy rights
7.1. Below is a list of requests that you can submit to DataSnipper in connection with your Personal Data.
- Right to access
You may ask us whether we collect or use any of your personal data and, if so, to receive access to that data in the form of a copy.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Upon request, we will correct inaccurate personal data about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, complete incomplete Personal Data.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to have your personal data erased. This means that we will delete your data. Erasure of your personal data only takes place in certain cases, as prescribed by law and listed in Article 17 of the GDPR, for This includes situations where your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally processed and situations where your data was processed unlawfully.
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data. This means that we will suspend the processing of your data for a certain period. Circumstances which may give rise to this right include situations where the accuracy of your personal data is contested, and we need some time to verify its (in)accuracy.
- Right to data portability
Your right to data portability entails that you may ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have such data transmitted directly to another controller, if technically feasible.
- Right to object
If the legal basis for processing your Personal Data is the 'legitimate interests' ground (including profiling), you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data. You can object to direct marketing at any time if your Personal Data is processed for this purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to direct marketing.
- Withdrawal of consent
If the legal basis of processing Personal Data is your consent, then you may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions concerning the processing for which you provided your consent. You may also contact us using the contact information below.
7.2. There may be situations where we are entitled to deny or restrict your rights. We may, for example, deny your request for access when necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals, or refuse to delete your Personal Data in case the processing of such data is necessary for the performance of a contract or for us to comply with legal obligations.
7.3. You can make any of the foregoing requests by contacting DataSnipper using the contact information under Section 10 below. To fulfil your requests under this Section 7, we may request specific additional information from you to verify your identity.
The Website is not meant for users under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 18, and do not target users under the age of 18. If we receive a valid and verifiable notice through email@example.com that a user under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take measures to delete it as soon as possible.
9. Links to Other Sites
10. Contact Information
Mailing Address: Aambeeldstraat 34, 1021 KB Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Please click here if want your data to be deleted from our database.