Busy season is coming - Say hello to Document Matching
Welcome a new level of efficiency in data reconciliation with DataSnipper’s Document Matching.
This feature seamlessly matches Excel data with supporting documents like invoices, bank statements, and contracts. With busy season fast approaching the world of External Audit, Document Matching is a pivotal tool to automate manual, time-consuming tasks of matching text, dates, and numbers within source documents.
The best part?
DataSnipper automatically creates cross-references between the extracted data and source documents, revolutionizing processes for Test of Detail and Test of Control procedures. Keep reading to learn how Document Matching can transform your workflows during the upcoming busy season.
A little intro, if you’re new to us
DataSnipper is an advanced automation platform that leverages automation and standardization to increase the efficiency and quality of your audit and finance processes. Used as an Excel add-in, you can extract and verify data using DataSnipper, which also automatically creates cross-references to the source document all within one Excel workbook.
With DataSnipper, you can bid farewell to manual data extraction and embrace a more streamlined approach that embraces the way you like to work and enhances your productivity.
What can Document Matching do?
Document Matching enables automatic matching of Excel data with supporting documents, such as invoices, bank statements, and contracts. This advanced automation feature finds the correct text, date, and/or number in a source document, and automatically creates a reference to your sample data.
Instantly cross-references documents to matched data
- Like all the features of DataSnipper, Document Matching also automatically creates cross-references between the source file and the matched data in your Excel workbook. This way, every step of your audit anf finance procedure possesses a powerful document trail.
Automatically determines the correct data point in case of multiple matches
- DataSnipper employs a unique search combination based on your inputs to identify the best collective matches. This approach considers factors such as the requirement for snips to be on the same document and in close proximity to each other.
Effortlessly handles multi-page supporting documents
- Even if your supporting documents span several pages, Document Matching remains just as effective. The algorithm ranks multiple hits, with proximity of snips on the page being a key factor in ranking. This ensures that even if the desired information is on a later page, Document Matching can still locate it.
Facilitates in-depth review of matched data
- Document Matching presents exact or approximate matches as Text Snips. These Text Snips offer a direct reference to the source of the extracted information. To ensure accuracy, it's essential to review each snip and verify its supporting evidence.
Quickly performs multiple Document Matching tests
- You have the capability to conduct multiple Document Matching procedures within a single workbook. Overwriting the initial Document Matching setup won't erase your prior work as long as the output is directed to a distinct location.
Saves time and standardises processes with templates
- Once you create a new document match, you can now save it as a template for futureuse, and distribute it within your team. You even have the option of using a variety of featured templates compiled by DataSnipper based on most common use cases. The standardized templates decrease your manual work while increasing efficiency
👉 Would you like to see Document Matching, and other advanced automation features of DataSnipper in action? Book a demo today and our sales team will gladly walk you through the DataSnipper Platform!